Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
Only original papers not previously published and not being considered for publication elsewhere may be submitted.
Papers should be sent by e-mail, as a .rtf (option of Microsoft Word for Windows) attachment (maximum 2MB)
- All Internet website addresses (URLs), included in the text (Ex.: http://www.ibict.br) are active.
The text should be typed in single space, font size 12 pt; italics rather than underline (except URL address); all tables and figures should be included in the text and not at the end of the text.
- The text is written in accordance with the bibliographical and style format described under Diretrizes para Autores, in the section About.
- The author identification of this paper has been removed from the file and from the option Properties in the Microsoft Word, thus protecting the identity during the evaluation phase, according to the instructions available at Asegurando a Avaliação por Pares Cega.
Conditions for Submission
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check the submission for compliance with all items listed below. Submissions that do not comply with the standards will be returned to the authors.
- The contribution is original and unpublished, and is not being evaluated for publication by another journal; otherwise, it must be justified in "Comments to the editor”;
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word format (DOCX or DOC);
- URLs for references were provided, when possible, and ready to be accessed;
- The text follows the style standards and bibliographic requirements described in Guidelines for Authors;
- The authors maintain the copyright and grant the magazine the right of first publication;
- The articles are simultaneously licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which allows the work to be shared with recognition of its authorship and initial publication in this journal.
RULES FOR PRESENTATION OF WORKS
Article formatting: use the magazine's Template (download Template available: Model/Template)
Articles and essays must have a minimum length of 10 and a maximum of 25 pages, with the possibility of an additional 3 pages of attachment (approximately 60 thousand characters with space). To thereviews must have a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 pages.
RECEIVE ARTICLES IN A CONTINUOUS FLOW. THE ESTIMATED TIME BETWEEN EVALUATION AND PUBLICATION OF THE MANUSCRIPT, IN THIS PERIOD, IS, ON AVERAGE, 6 MONTHS.
Authors (maximum 3 authors) must register (Login/Password) on the journal website; in the Online Submissions section, fill out the profile correctly and choose the “AUTHOR” option, observing the mandatory fields (those accompanied by an asterisk). It is important to “save” the recorded information.
It should be noted that the authors must have a doctorate and must present the ORCID registration. Non-doctors can submit work, as long as they are accompanied by a doctor.
Once you have completed these steps, go to “ACTIVE SUBMISSIONS” and start the submission process through the link “CLICK HERE TO START THE SUBMISSION PROCESS”, in which you will perform the five basic steps:
1- Start: confirm that it is in accordance with the conditions established by the magazine (by checking the conditions and copyright declaration checkboxes) and select the section destined for the text, such as articles, reviews, thematic dossier and others;
2- Inclusion of metadata: indicate the main data – name, surname (the system translates as first name and first name), email, institution, city, state and country, summary of biography, title and summary; indication of funding from funding agencies related to the work to be published;
3- Transfer of originals: transfer the file to the system;
4- Transfer of supplementary documents: transfer files with supplementary information, which function as an appendix or annex to the main text, such as research instruments, data sets and tables, which follow evaluation ethics standards, sources of information not normally available to readers, or figures and/or tables that cannot be integrated into the text. BIODATA(S) WRITTEN ONLY IN ENGLISH, ITALIC, CONTAINING UP TO 100 WORDS AND INCLUDING THE AUTHOR'S EMAIL(S) MUST BE SENT IN A SINGLE FILE (.DOCX) AS SUPPLEMENTARY DOCUMENT.
5- Confirmation: Complete the submission.
After completing the five steps described above, the author will be able to follow the entire flow of their work on the magazine's website, from submission, evaluation, acceptance, re-editing of the original to publication. The articles, after submission, are assigned to evaluators defined by the journal's board or editors. The article selection policy is defined by the members of the Editorial Board and the journal's Editors.
These are criteria for evaluating work
- compliance with submission standards;
- relevance to the area of knowledge to which it refers;
- theoretical consistency;
- methodological consistency;
- updated bibliographic references;
- coherence with technical standards.
- idiomatic academic writing; If the author is not a native English speaker, we strongly recommend that the manuscript be reviewed by a native speaker before submission. Non-idiomatic writing may cause your submission to be rejected.
BODY OF THE ARTICLE
- Footnotes:they must be numbered starting from 1. If there is a note in the title, it receives an asterisk (*) and no numbering. Notes should not be used for bibliographical references. In this case, they must be made in the body of the work, in parentheses, using the author's surname, publication date and page, if necessary (Ex.: Barbara et al., 1996, p.63).
- Quote:Due to the ABNT update, in July 2023, regarding specifying the presentation of citation, the following are the main changes, in accordance with the ABNT website:
Short direct quote
This is a quote of up to 3 lines in which you must use the same words as the author. To do this, cite:
- The author's surname;
- The date of publication of the work;
- The page from which the information was extracted.
Additionally, always use quotation marks. See the examples:
According to Santos (2018, p. 34) “Serving the customer with excellence is essential to satisfy, delight and retain them”.
“Serving customers with excellence is essential to satisfy, delight and retain them” (Santos, 2018, p. 34).
Long direct quote
The long direct quote has more than 3 lines and must be formatted in:
- Source 10;
- Single spacing;
- 4 cm indentation on the left.
Additionally, you should not enclose text in quotation marks.
Short indirect quote
In this type of citation, you will write the author's idea in your own words in up to 3 lines. To do this, enter:
- The author's surname;
- The publication date of the work.
It is not necessary to mention the page number. Look at the examples:
According to Silva (2020), companies need to invest in digital presence to stand out in an increasingly competitive market.
Companies need to invest in digital presence to stand out in an increasingly competitive market (Silva, 2020).
Long indirect quote
This is a quote that has more than lines. In this case, it is mandatory to use:
- Source 10;
- Single spacing;
- 4 cm indentation on the left.
See the examples:Direct and Indirect Citation
This citation occurs when you mention in your work the opinion of an author who was cited by another. Therefore, you need to use “Apud” and enter the following information:
- The surname of the author of the original work;
- The year of publication;
- The surname of the author of the work you read;
- The year of publication of the document;
- The page number.
See the examples:Direct and Indirect Citation
According to Fernandes (1991 apud Carvalho, 2017, p. 76) “Consumer behavior has changed a lot in recent times. Therefore, companies that want to be successful in the market need to be aware of this new reality.”
“Consumer behavior has changed a lot in recent times. Therefore, companies that want to be successful in the market need to be aware of this new reality.” (Fernandes, 1991 apud Carvalho, 2017, p.76).
Note1.: Be aware that Latin expressions must be in italics according to the new ABNT rule
Note2.: Quotes in a foreign language: in italics and translated in a footnote.
- Attachments:If they exist, they must be placed after the references, preceded by the word Annex. For attachments containing original texts already published, send in a form ready to be photographed, containing the complete bibliographic reference, as well as permission from the editors for reproduction.
- References:Authors are cited in alphabetical order, without numbering for entries and with single spacing between references. THE MAIN SURNAME OF EACH AUTHOR IS TYPETED IN CAPITAL CASE, FOLLOWED BY A COMMA AND OTHERS WRITTEN IN FULL (THE NAME AND SURNAME). See the example:
BAKHTIN, Mikhail. Aesthetics of verbal creation. 6. ed. São Paulo: Martins Fontes, 2017.
More than one work in the same year is differentiated by adding the letters a, b, and so on, after the date.
References in apud must also appear in the Bibliographical References.
References (no spacing between references, in alphabetical order and aligned to the left)
According to ABNT NBR 105:2020
- a) Works by the same author: (without using underlining to replace author name)
FREIRE, Paulo. Pedagogía de la Tolerancia. Tradução Mario Morales Castro. Michoacán: CREFAL, 2006.
FREIRE, Paulo. A importância do Ato de Ler: em três artigos que se completam. São Paulo: Cortez, 1989.
FREIRE, Paulo. Pedagogia do Oprimido. 67. ed. São Paulo: Paz e Terra, 2019.
- b) Books:
AUTHOR'S SURNAME, Author's name in abbreviated form (first letters only). Title of the book (in bold, only the first letter in capital letters): subtitle (not bold). Translation Name of Translator. Edition. Location: Publisher, date.
HOOKS, Bel. Ensinando a transgredir: a educação como prática da liberdade. Tradução Marcelo Brandão Cipolla. São Paulo: Editora Martins Fontes, 2013.
SOARES, Magda. Letramento: um tema em três gêneros. Belo Horizonte: Autêntica, 2003.
- c) Book chapters or essays in collections:
AUTHOR'S SURNAME, Author's name. Chapter title not highlighted. In (italics): followed by the book's references: AUTHOR'S SURNAME, Author's name. Title of the book (in bold, only the first letter in capital letters): subtitle (not bold). Translation by Translator Name. Edition. Location: publisher, date. P. (start-end pages of the chapter or essay).
MATTOS, Andréa Machado de Almeida. Construindo cidadania nas aulas de inglês: uma proposta para o letramento crítico. In: TAKAKI, Nara & MACIEL, Rubens F. (Orgs.) Letramentos em terra de Paulo Freire. São Paulo: Pontes, 2015. p. 171-191.
CARBONIERI, Divanize. Descolonizando o Ensino de Literaturas de Língua Inglesa. In: JESUS, Dânie M. de; CARBONIERI, Divanize. (Eds.). Práticas de Multiletramentos e Letramento Crítico: outros sentidos para a sala de aula de línguas (pp.121-142). São Paulo: Pontes Editores, 2016. p.121-142.
- d) Works published in event annals or similar:
AUTHOR'S SURNAME, Author's name. Title: subtitle. In: Name of the event (without italics), number, year, location. Publication title (in bold): publication subtitle (not bold). Place of publication (city): Publisher, date. start-end pages of the work.
CANTO, Tania Seneme. Novos letramentos e mapas como práticas: contribuições teórico-metodológicas para investigar a cartografia escolar em relação às novas tecnologias. In: XII Encontro Nacional da Associação de Pós-Graduação e Pesquisa em Geografia, 2017, Porto Alegre. Anais [...]. Dourados: Ed. UFGD, 2017.p. 1652-1661. Disponível em: http://enanpege.ggf.br/2017/anais/arquivos/GT%2006/1779.pdf . Acesso em: 20 jul.2022.
- e) Journal articles:
AUTHOR'S SURNAME, Author's name. Article title (not highlighted). Name of the periodical (in bold), city, volume and number of the periodical, pages, publication date. When the article is online, include the link and access date.
MALDONADO-TORRES, Nelson. La descolonización y el giro des-colonial. Tabula rasa, Bogotá, n. 9, 01 jul, p.61-72, 2008. Disponível em: https://revistas.unicolmayor.edu.co/index.php/tabularasa/article/view/1502 . Acesso em: 20 jul. 2022.
OLIVEIRA, Luiz de Fernandes.; CANDAU, Vera Maria Ferrão. (2010). Pedagogia decolonial e educação antirracista e intercultural no Brasil. Educação em revista, Belo Horizonte, v.26, n.01, p. 15-40, 2010. Disponível em: https://www.scielo.br/j/edur/a/TXxbbM6FwLJyh9G9tqvQp4v/abstract/?lang=pt Acesso em: 20 jul. 2022.
- f) Newspaper articles:
AUTHOR'S SURNAME, Author's name in abbreviated form. Article title. Title of the newspaper (bold), number or title of the notebook, section or supplement, location, pages, day, month, year.
PEREZ, Elizete Buranello. A história dos mapas e sua função social. Nova Escola, Ed. 243, São Paulo, p. 3, 01 Jun. 2011. Disponível em: https://novaescola.org.br/conteudo/347/a-historia-dos-mapas-e-sua-funcao-social Acesso em: 20 jul. 2022.
VERÍSSIMO, Luis Fernando. Um gosto pela ironia. Zero Hora, Porto Alegre, ano 47, n. 16.414, p. 2, 12 ago. 2010. Disponível em: http://www.clicrbs.com.br/zerohora/jsp/default.jspx?uf=1&action=flip . Acesso em: 12 ago. 2010.
- g) Monographs, dissertations and theses:
AUTHOR'S SURNAME, Author's name in abbreviated form. Title (bold): subtitle, year. Type of work (Level and area of concentration) – Name of Faculty, Name of University, city, year.
CORREA, Leonardo Neves. A Democracia Deliberativa atando e desatando nós nas políticas educacionais: por um Inglês Inclusivo. 2022. Tese. (Doutorado em Linguística Aplicada e Estudos da Linguagem) – Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo, São Paulo, 2022.
NOTE: Attach biodata(s) which must be written in English, italics, containing up to 90 words and including email(s) of the author(s) and sent in a single file (. docx) as a supplementary document.
WORK OUTSIDE THE ABOVE STANDARDS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
The authors grant the magazine all copyrights relating to the published works. The concepts expressed in signed articles are the absolute and exclusive responsibility of their authors.